Leverage the full power of WordPress to make it just as easy to make great books and documents as it is to make web pages.
Each format (web pages, PDF documents, print) has its own advantages, readers that prefer it, and situations where it shines. As writers who wants to reach the widest audience possible, and provide the best reading experience possible, it helps to let readers decide which format they want to read (rather than imposing our preferences on them.)
- people whose eyes get tired reading from screens
- people without ready access to a device (like phone, tablet, computer)
- people in real life
- posterity who can’t read the digital copy
- readers who prefer a physical copy for annotating or organizing
- buyers who expect readily-accessible, portable content
- someone who wants to reliably store the content digitally
- people with a device but intermittent internet connection
- people who want to read from a device while also disconnecting
- people who do everything from their phone or computer
- people with a constant internet connection
- people searching for quick answers
- search engines
- people who like more interactive learning (eg through video, audio, quizzes, etc)
There’s no need for content to be available only online or only in print or only in a PDF file. Similarly, you shouldn’t need to use a tech giant’s word processing application to write for print. WordPress can handle all that, do it better and do it with freely licensed, open-source software.
Print My Blog is just the final piece in the puzzle to allow you to use WordPress, and its huge community of resources and plugins, for all your writing needs.
Thank you for joining me on this mission.
—Mike Nelson, Developer of Print My Blog