This is the 49th monthly report for Print My Blog (PMB) WordPress plugin, documenting my journey to be fairly compensated for my time and reach 10,000 active installs.
💰 $ 15,384.25/40,674.28(fairly compensated for time)
🖥5,????/10,000 active installs (on-par with other print button plugins)
What Happened This Month
Mailing List Stats
Stats from my MailChimp mailing list.
Stats from my site’s Koko analytics (don’t need no Google Analytics, thank you!)
Finances and More Plugin Stats
A professional-level subscriber requested how to remove images from their Word Documents in June. For the PDF designs, there’s a setting to specify the maximum image height, and if you set it to 0, the images get removed entirely. So I added that feature to the Classic Word Document Design, too.
It turned out later, that same subscriber realized they actually did want to keep some images– the post’s featured images. That request seemed too specific to be generally useful, so I gave them a bit of custom CSS that would achieve that, as follows:
The Word Document’s Table of Contents used to ignore nesting (parts and their sub-sections were all displayed at the same level) but in 3.25.1 that was fixed. Sub-sections now appear indented under their part.
This is done by changing the heading level: so in sub-sections, all level 1 headings (
h1s) become level 2 headings (
h2s), and all level 2 headings (
h2s) become level 3 headings (
I recorded two new contributors to PMB this month. One was Ryan Van de Kamp who helped improve PMB’s Japanese translations (also an old high school friend of mine who moved to Japan), and the other was Viktor Szépe who a few years ago volunteered to set up my plugin with Composer and PHPStan. Thanks!
PMB lurched back over the 5,000 active installs mark in June (after falling down to 4,000 in May). I think both happened as a result of May’s release of admin print buttons. The new feature added buttons to the post admin page and the admin posts list page to quickly create a PDF or other format of a document with PMB. I suspect some users didn’t intend to ever use it, and didn’t like it, and might have even forgotten they had PMB installed because they only used it once, so uninstalled PMB.
Conversely, June had the highest growth of PMB since I added the Freemius integration, which I think may also be related to that new feature. I think new users are liking it (most users of my plugin actually want the print buttons for printing individual posts), and so more are keeping the plugin active now.
The thing I hoped to do last month: migrating from MailChimp to Mautic. But with the kids on holiday for two months, and me working from home, it’s possible that won’t happen.